Tuning the upper treble

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Sun, 15 Sep 1996 22:46:55 -0500 (CDT)

>...I've been trained to believe that the short tuning
>tip is the best.  It just seems to me that the long tips would tend to bend
>the tuning pins.  And when I have had to use one, that is the feel I get.
>I don't know a solution to this.  Does anyone?

>Is the 3" and 4" tuning tip really a threat to bending the tuning pins?

Ted, List,

Since you referred to this in two different posts, I will mention that I
have and use a tip and head that measures 6".  I have no problems with the
use of this tool in providing stable tunings in the upper treble on grand
pianos.  There is no threat to bending tuning pins with proper technique.
When using this tool, it has thus far cleared all grand piano rims to date.

Just one of those items I wouldn't want to be without.

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
kam544@ionet.net
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Oklahoma Baptist University