Harpsichord Wire

Robert B Edwardsen edwardsn@www.rpa.net
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 04:57:32 -0400

At 04:58 PM 9/13/96 -0500, you wrote:
>List,
>   Since I'm sure a lot of you have to also do harpsichords, I have a
>question. I'm having a problem with the coils coming unwound on the hitch
>pin end. These strings are from the maker, John Phillips, and come
>precoiled. They're done almost exactly like piano bass strings.
>   I just replaced one yesterday that was coming unwound and I discovered
>today that the new one is doing the same thing.
>   Does anyone know of a way to correct one that has already started
>unwinding and/or to prevent a new one from doing the same thing? Maybe a
>drop of CA glue? :-)

Avery:
        We have the same problem with Zuckerman at the UofR here in
Rochester.  I did use CA glue last spring in a pinch and it's still holding.

Come to Rochester, NY  for excellent Seminar Oct.  3 - 6
Call: 1800-4-NYSCON  for information. Cut off date before
late fee charge is Sep. 17. !
Rob Edwardsen
21 Courtenay Circle
Pittsford, NY 14534-2101