Tuning the upper treble

Ronald R Shiflet ron_and_lorene@juno.com
Sun, 15 Sep 1996 22:12:38 -0800 (PST)

Ted,
	Yes, long tips tend to create problems.  As for the treble
problem, I suggest learning to tune *Ambi.*  Turn the hammer around
backwards to 9 o'clock  and tune it lefty.  It's so much easier.    It's
really difficult to learn switching hands on verticals but grands it
seems to be easier because your arm rests on the stretcher.
	You'll be running into the problem of "teaching an old dog new
tricks" but sticking it out pays BIG dividends.  Remember that in
learning to tune you had to learn what you were supposed to be hearing
at the same time as trying to figure out the pin. By now, you should
know all that and so feeling the hammer in the other arm is all that
should bother you now.  Practice for 2 months and you'll be ready by
Christmas.  The first week is the worst.

Ron Shiflet

PS,  I only tune *ambi* (sorry gang, I can't spell the entire word)
because I was taught to originally.  I cannot do anything else in this
life double handed.  I'm the clumsiest person you'll ever meet !!!