Tuning the upper treble

Ted Simmons ted@palmnet.net
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 13:09:16 -0400

Dave,  I've used a 3" and 4" tip for many years and I'm accustomed to using
it. It's just that on pianos with super-tight pins I'm just not comfortable
with it and don't get the feeling of the pin turning in the hole. It's more
like I'm flexing the pin instead of turning it.  But for most pianos, the
long tip is no problem.  But I do a lot of new pianos through the dealer I
tune for. Thanks, Dave.

I woke up just before 5 AM this morning to the roar of the space shuttle
launch.  That's how close I live to the Kennedy Space Center.  I looked out
of a rear window of the house and there she was, lighting up the sky and
making it look like noontime.  (I'm one of the privileged few.  Ahem!)

Ted Simmons, Merritt Island, FL