Missed appointments

Ted Simmons ted@palmnet.net
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 15:05:54 -0400

Dear List:
   You have all been helpful to me in the past and I know most of you are
University Techs and maybe don't do house-to-house tunings.  Anyhow, I'd
like to pose this problem with you:  How do you handle no-shows?  I arrive
at the appointed time and the customer is not home.  I leave my card in the
door and leave after waiting 10 minutes.  Later that evening I get an
apologetic call from the customer who wants to re-schedule.  I've lost the
price of a tuning that day because of the customer's forgetfulness.  Do I
passively comply and give the customer a new date or do I tell him there
will be an extra charge? I'm talking mostly about first time customers. I
readily comply for customers whom I have tuned for for years and this is
their first violation.  Any comments?

   Ted Simmons
   Merritt Island, FL