Tuning the upper treble

Bonifield-Poulson bonifarm@netshel.net
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 11:10:57 -0800

Dave:  One method I use which I have not seen mentioned is to place
your tuning hammer at the 9 o'clock position and use a pushing motion
with the right hand, rather than the usual pulling or jerking motion.
It takes some practice to acquire the same control this way, but to me
was easier than training my left hand.  This method has the has the
side benefit of using different muscles in the arm and shoulder,
giving your body a brieft respite from the repetitive motion of
tuning.  Of course, tuning with the left hand does that too, which is
why I trained myself to use my left hand on the lower half of upright
tunings.  Patrick Poulson, RPT