Subj: Missed appointments

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Mon, 16 Sep 1996 19:29:55 -0400

 Ted Simmons asks;
> Do I passively comply and give the customer a new date or do I tell him
there
>will be an extra charge? I'm talking mostly about first time customers. I
>readily comply for customers whom I have tuned for for years and this is
>their first violation.  Any comments?

Gee,  I bet we all have a different response;

       On a first time customer, I explain that my hourly rate, for the time
lost on the missed appt.  will have to be added to the tuning, if they would
like to reschedule.
      Any customer that doesn't see the fairness in that is a customer that
doesn't value my time as highly as I or the rest of my  customers do, and is
not a customer I want in my clientele anyway.
      Actually, I have only had two people in twenty years say "just forget
it, I'll call somebody else",  and both of them have become headaches for
other tuners since.  I am glad I was able to avoid their business.
      On long time customers, I say nothing, and they -always-ask what the
service charge for the missed appt should be.

Regards,
Ed Foote
Precision Piano Works
Nashville, Tn.