Missed appointments

Kenneth W. Burton kwburton@freenet.calgary.ab.ca
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 05:50:01 -0600 (MDT)

	Ted,

	This is a perennial problem. It happened to me yesterday. The lady
said, "Right after I set up the appointment with you, I realized that they
time we arranged was exactly when my baby is sleeping." THEN WHY DIDN'T
SHE CALL ME AND CHANGE THE APPOINTMENT! I think there are some things
involved in dealing with the public that you can never solve.
	However, I do take one further step to avoid this occurence. At
about 8:15 am, I phone the people who have appointments during the day.
Lots of times, they respond by saying, "I'm glad you phone. I had
forgotten the appointment." So this helps a lot but there are always a few
no shows.
	I haven't had the courage to charge them a penalty for a missed
appointment. Perhaps some of the fellows and gals do and they could tell
us whether it works or not.

	Ken Burton "Doctor Piano" Calgary Alberta