CAUT in Rochester

DMCKECH DMCKECH@ithaca.edu
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 09:29:32 -0400 (EDT)

List,

The NYSCON Conference of PTG will be holding A College and University
Technicians Forum Friday, October 4, during the second period.

The forum will be chaired by yours truly and will be a panel discussion
between piano technicians and piano professors. I am not sure if this has
been done before in a CAUT Forum. It has been a long time if one did take
place so I suspect it will be a first for many. Some topics up for
discussion are:

1. What does "rebuilt mean" to the technician as opposed to the pianist?
2. How does one explain what changes can and cannot be made to a piano for
   just one concert?
3. How does one communicate regarding voicing and action regulation?
4. The challenge of institutional piano maintenance and budgets.

Come to Rochester and plan to be a part of this unique event!

Don McKechnie
Ithaca College
dmckech@ithaca.edu