Rubber buttons.

PIANOBIZ@aol.com PIANOBIZ@aol.com
Wed, 18 Sep 1996 00:12:06 -0400

>The fallboard buttons were osified and/or missing. I have new ones to
>put on, but it's been so long I forget how to get that thing down into
>the hole. I'm talking the all rubber ones, not the nail buttons. I
>obviously don't do refinishing here!

Hello Conrad,
Well the problem seems to be the size of the hole.  If the hole were a little
bigger you wouldn't need a lubricant.  Anyways the lubricant is not what you
want unless you want the rubber stem to come out of the hole as quickly as it
went in.
We use a dab of super glue on the side of the hole and even a little
accelerant on the button before it goes in the hole.  Not too much. (Squeeze
out is bad)
It's also good to write the correct drill size for each size button on the
container so you don't have to figure it out each time you need to use one.

Sincerely,
David Sanderson
Pianobiz@aol.com