Missed appointments

Barb Barasa bbarasa@mind.net
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 22:15:42 -0700

>	This is a perennial problem. It happened to me yesterday. The lady
>said, "Right after I set up the appointment with you, I realized that they
>time we arranged was exactly when my baby is sleeping." THEN WHY DIDN'T
>SHE CALL ME AND CHANGE THE APPOINTMENT! I think there are some things
>involved in dealing with the public that you can never solve.

When I set an appointment, I always say, "OK.  I'll see you on the 6th at
9am.  If it turns out no one can be there to let me in, just call and we'll
reschedule it.  Otherwise I'll just show up and see you then."

Maybe it's just psychological, but it seems to "give people permission" to
call and change it.  Altho I don't do the volume of tunings a lot of y'all
do, I've probably had only 2 no-shows in about 14 years.  My customers range
from doctor/lawyer types to farmers.

Of course, there's no cure for deranged people.

Barb Barasa
Ashland, OR
"When nothing is sure,