missed appointments

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Wed, 18 Sep 1996 14:59:57 -0400

Curtis;
"I think it
is unfair to charge my private customers, especially the ones who take good
care of their pianos, more money for servicing their pianos than I charge a
dealer for the same, or likely more, work.
    What do you all think?"

Curtis this is a topic that you can get five opinions on in a room with three
techs talking !
 I no longer do dealer free service work, except on rare occasions, but when
I did I always felt that the discounted prices for such work was more than
made up for by gaining new customers and expanding my client base for the
future.
As word of mouth advertising is better, in my opinion,  than other types of
advertising this meant a great deal to me starting out. Each initial free
service tuning done for a dealer has the potential of providing you with 1.3
new customers. (this figure comes from records that I kept for four years
when I was starting and I feel that it would still be at least a good today.)

-general comment-
  So if you are an established tech and looking at maximizing your income,
while lowering your number of calls, dealer free service tuning is probably
not for you. However if you are a new tech and can do dealer free service
tuning I strongly urge you to do so, the benefits are great, the price is
small, and the future will be building itself for you.
Just my opinion.
Jim Bryant (FL)