Yamaha P202

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 21:41:23 +0000

Remembering the thread recently that was critical of Yamaha, I thought I would post
something in praise.

A few months back, I pitch-raised and tuned a circa 1970 Yamaha P202 (first effort
US-made console) and promptly broke five bass strings. I might add that the piano was
rarely played or serviced which might explain why none had broken so far. I thought it
would be useful to call Yamaha to see what they would suggest and discovered that
Yamaha has redesigned the wound strings for those pianos and that they would ship me a
set no charge. The customer readily agreed to a string replacement, and now I've just
received two more sets to upgrade a couple of P202s at a college.

There have been some people at Yamaha whom I haven't liked, but I think the bottom line
is that they are a class act.
--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT
Santa Cruz, California