Spoon ordering

William W. Maxim wmaxim@gnn.com
Thu, 19 Sep 1996 07:18:18 +0000

How does one get across to shipping personnel something as esoteric
(unintelligible to the uninitiated) as "whippens for the tenor
section?"  I recently ordered four replacement Wurlitzer spinet
whippens to keep along for the occasional repair need, "two bass
and two tenor."  I got four alike, all bass.

I kept all four but decided to try a different tack with my next
order, specifying "spoons to the right as you look from the flange
end."  Only the first four words got on the shipping form, so I got
three more bass whip - er, wippens (sorry, Jim Harvey!).

I don't like repacking and returning, and bending spoons around
even less.  How does one communicate?

Bill Maxim, RPT