PC Viruses (Hare.KRSNA.7610 virus)

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Sat, 21 Sep 1996 16:45:02 -0500

At 02:04 PM 9/21/96 -0600, you wrote:
>I DON'T THINK THAT THIS KIND OF UTTER NONSENSE, SCARY TO SOME, SHOULD HAVE
>ROOM IN THIS COMMUNIQUE.  THIS IS NOT A JOKE, TED SIMMONS OR ALIKES!
>C. R=F6sch =20
>
>>According to my information, tomorrow, Sunday 9/22, is the day the
>>HANTAVIRUS is to appear.  You can pick it up only through the internet. =
 So
>>beware.  And I think it only affects IBM compatibles.  Anyone have more
>>info on this?
>>
>>        Ted Simmons, Merritt Island, FL
>>
>>>Ron:  You forgot the HANTAVIRUS.  It's neither PC (politically
>>>correct) nor UN-PC but it's carried by your mouse.

Dear Friends on Pianotech,

Just to clear up some possible confusion, I believe that all of the viruses
mentioned in the previous posts were meant to be funny and are not real
computer viruses.

There is, however, a computer virus that is supposedly set to go off
tomorrow, September 22, 1996.  It is called Hare.KRSNA.7610 virus, and it is
particularly mean and nasty to computers.  You can find out more at:

http://www.eliashim.com/valert.html

There have been a few reports of this virus, but it doesn't appear to be
widespread, so don't be overly concerned about it.

By the way, the humor was great!  Thanks!

Sincerely,

David A. Vanderhoofven
dkvander@clandjop.com
Joplin, Missouri, USA
Associate Member, Piano Technicians Guild
web page:  http://www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/