PC VIRUSES

William Maxim WMaxim@gnn.com
Sat, 21 Sep 1996 21:18:52 +0000

Techies -- if I seemed flippant in the comment about the hantavirus
being carried by your (PC-) mouse, you did not see me wearing face
mask and rubber gloves as I misted the interior of an Autopiano
with diluted Clorox on starting to clean it out a few months ago.
Absolutely the worst mouse mess I have ever seen, keys frozen with
droppings and debris and generally discolored with urine.  Before
the notices about the hantavirus appeared, I had cleaned out
perhaps hundreds of pianos and reed organs.  Taking the warning
seriously, I got all the data I could get hold of from CDC and our
state Department of Health before starting.  The Virus humor
provided an escape valve.

Bill Maxim