Attached file

Ron Torrella torrella@umich.edu
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 16:41:40 -0400 (EDT)

I took the "attached file" to a "secure" machine and opened the file.
Among a lot of gibberish, I found this legible line:

BOYINGTONR@AOLCOM SENT:MONDAY,SEPTEMBER23,19961:11AM TO:PIANOTECH

Taking a stab at it, I'd say that Mr. Boyington is using a stand-alone
editor (MS Word or perhaps a simple text editor like MS Note?) to
edit/write his email message which he attaches to a message in his mailer
and then emails the whole shebang off to pianotech.  The resultant garbage
(no insult intended, Mr. Boyington!)  happens, usually, if the saved text
is added to the mailer (say, MS Mail)  before quitting Word or closing the
file.  It comes down to something of a bug and it's not terribly uncommon.

Never fear, though.  It ain't a virus and it ain't a bomb.  In a
word: harmless.

Ron Torrella
Asst. Piano Technician
School of Music