Broken jack springs

Eric Leatha tunrboy@teleport.com
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 18:50:27 -0800

>Eric,
>
>It sounds like you saved a lot of time by leaving the wippens in the action.
>But what did you use to ream the spring hole?   Did your wippens hang low
>enough that you could access them with the spring hole reamer?
>
>Larry

That's what I failed to mention...
I cut my reaming tool shank near the reamer and resoldered it at a right
angle.  This allows reaming in close quarters...  The glue is usually quite
brittle and requires a minimum of reaming anyway.  For those stubborn holes
you might have to remove the whip, I haven't needed to yet.

Eric Leatha, RPT
Portland, OR
tunrboy@teleport.com
"Brains First...  then the Hard Work"