Hammer flange rail cloth - Steinway -Reply

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 20:53:10 -0500 (CDT)

>Long ago (long enough I can't remember who), someone at Steinway told me it
>was to act as a shock absorber between the vibrating hammer shank and the
>rail, thereby reducing the noise transfer into the metal hammer rail. That'=
>why it's not needed on the repetition rail -- the moving repetition doesn't
>create the kind of noise that the hammer/shank does...
>
>Bob Davis, RPT

Dear Bob, List,

I like that concept.  In fact those same thoughts were coming to me today
before I read your post, Bob.  Thanks for the input.

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
kam544@ionet.net
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Oklahoma Baptist University