slow times

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 24 Sep 1996 22:24:37 -0400

Larry

When I got started about 20 years ago, an old timer talked to me about slow
times. He said that for no reason at all, tunings will slow down for about 2
or 3 months, and then get back to "normal" again. He said there wasn't any
rhyme or reason for it. It did not seem to have anything to do with the time
of year, the economy, or the weather. And it doesn''t happen to everyone. One
tuner might be sitting by the phone waiting for it to ring, while the others
are doing 10 pianos a day.

He was absolutely right, because I have experienced that phenomenon over and
over again. One year the Spring and Summer will be the busiest, the next
year, it is Fall and Winter, or something in between. And when I was busy,
we'd get reports at meetings that others were slow.

Although you didn't ask for advize, the best thing to do is keep busy during
those slow times. Always try to have a few projects available, or if
anything, clean up the shop, or the house. Before you know it, you'er out
there working like crazy again.

Good luck.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis