"I just need a few keytops..."

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 27 Sep 1996 15:02:32 -0400

Larry:

Although the advice of some of the others is valid, plastic ivories, old
ivories, etc., I ususally recommend that this piano is on its last legs, and
that paying nay more money other than the bare necessities, repair a broken
hammer shank, glue a loose jack, and a tuning, is all the piano deserves. In
other words, I am a great believer in letting the public know that there is a
limited life to a piano, and that at some point, the piano needs to be
disposed of.

I think, as piano technicians, we owe it to the piano playing public, that we
tell them that pianos do not last forever, and that it is time to consider a
newer, or new, piano, one that has all the parts, including keytops. One that
doesn't break down every other months. One on which the kid can learn to play
on, without having to compensate for wobbly flanges, unglued jacks, or worn
out hammers.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis.