Training tapes opinion

Thomas A. Sheehan aquinas@nyc.pipeline.com
Sun, 29 Sep 1996 20:50:15 +0000 (GMT)

Dear List -

I'm considering the purchase of a SAT II. I've been an aural tuner for
nearly 25 years, and have tested satisfactorily twice (aural tuning) to
meet the requirements of joining and now, re-joining PTG. Once again, I'm
an RPT - and thanks to all who have previously mailed me with support and
kind comments.

Anyway, I'm curious to know if any of the list members have opinions about
the three tapes carried in the Inventronics catalog: "Exploring the SAT,"
"Aural and Visual Tuning," and "Baldassin-Sanderson Temperament Video." I
use the Baldassin-Sanderson temperament for about 3 years now, and I'm very
pleased with the approach. I recently purchased Rick's book "On Pitch" from
the home office. I think that it's arguably the most practical book on
piano tuning since "Piano Tuning and Allied Arts."

Are the tapes well made and edited? Is the sound quality / picture quality
good? Is the information contained on the tapes compelling? Do any printed
materials accompany the tapes? Any other comments?

Thank you in advance for your consideration and reply to this posting. It
is magnificent to be an RPT member of the Guild again!!!!!! I have received
my official certificate from the Home Office.

Best regards,

Tom Sheehan
--
Thomas A. Sheehan, RPT