Warranty on Rebuilding

Lorlin D. Barber ldb@commonlink.com
Sun, 29 Sep 1996 18:34:12 +0000 (GMT)

An interesting question has recently come up from a prospective costomer on a
rebuild. "Do you give a written warranty on your work?" I have in the past
always assured satisfaction guaranteed, but in this case a specific time
period of warranty is requested since new pianos carry them.

I see the advantage of a warranty from both sides. If a customer has a
complaint, they will then tend to contact the rebuilder first which gives the
rebuilder the opportunity to resolve the problem and avoid missunderstanding
and bad PR. Many states carry an "implied warranty" law. This is usually for
merchandising (i.e. selling of goods) instead of upgrading or
remanufacturing.

I would like to provide a defined warranty that protects my work from
uncontrollable circumstances such as extreme climate changes, etc. Has anyone
written up their own warranty or taken a different route to assure
prospective customers of your long term credibility?

Thanks much!

Lorlin B, RPT