Chickering Brass Flanges

Lorlin D. Barber ldb@commonlink.com
Tue, 01 Apr 1997 06:27:24 +0000 (GMT)

I have a 6'4" Chickering in the shop now that has brass flanges. These flanges
have been referred to me as the "gooseneck" style. I have also heard that
there are new shanks on the market that come prepinned without flanges that
will fit the brass flanges.

I was forwarned that if I replace the brass flanges I will have to notch and
lower the flange rail or mill the wooden flanges to get the action to cycle.
Of course I would like to take the "path of least resistance" if at all
possible.

If anyone has confronted working on Chickerings of this nature I would like
to discuss it further (i.e. share the dimensions, etc.).

Thanks Much!

Lorlin Barber, RPT
ldb@commonlink.com