Query

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 01 Apr 1997 15:00:55 -0500 (EST)

>What is the scoop on Bill Spurlock resigning frim the P.T.G.

Hi Jim:

Unless you know the whole story behond Fern's resignation, and Bill's
subsequent resignation, it is really difficult to tell you the whole scoop.
Lets just say that Fern and Bill wanted the PTG to go in one direction, while
the majority of members wanted to go another way. When they got too much
resistence, instead of accepting that their way was not what everbody wanted,
they decided to quit. They could not accept criticism, and towards the end it
became clear that Fern might have done something, if not illegal, a little on
the shady side. And instead of having to face the music, she decided to get
out.

While Fern was in office, she made a lot of enemies. And even though Bill was
an excellent teacher, and a good writer, because he was married to Fern, and
thus became politically active, he also made some enemies. We did loose some
very good people. Both of them contributed a lot to the PTG.

That's it in a nutshell.

Jim, we have missed you at meetings. It would be nice to have you come back,
and join us again.

Wim