moving a Steinway Grand (revisited)

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Wed, 02 Apr 1997 08:40:30 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 31 Jan 1997 swinfo@g2g.com wrote:

>  "For a concert series that we host every summer, our Stienway must be
> moved a great deal.  I'm wondering if there is a way to move our piano
> up onto the stage, a 3 ft. lift, using a jack or pully type system
> instead of brute man power.  Do you know of any system on the market
> that may help us?"

Dear List,

Several ideas were brought forth on this in the past.  Here is one more.

Two 14' aluminum car ramps were purchased by Oklahoma Baptist University in
March this year and are currently being used for an elevated stage area.
The concert size piano in this area used to be carried up & down (about 15
persons).  Now the piano is pushed up and down (5-7 persons).

Sincerely,

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician