old upright Knabe..

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Fri, 04 Apr 1997 10:37:01 -0600

What do they want for it as-is and where is it?   If every one
distains steel-wound strings, I'll gladly take the discount. And
where's that ad that says they will deliver anywhere in the US for
$125 ?
	Among old timers tales is the one about the first copper wound
strings on a grand.  "Oh look at those lovely copper strings"
exclalimed the lol  (little old lady).
	I would like to know if there are bass string makers that make
steel-wound bass strings.  Mainly to hear what  new ones sounds like,
and have that choice when rescaling.  The old ones if they can be
rolled can sound great, esp with eyes closed.     I have heard about
the concerns of rust, on steel- wounds but have seen old pianos where
that  was not a problem.  I have always wondered about the actions of
dissimilar metals esp  copper on ferrous, but that seems to be less
of a problem than high school chemistry would lead one to suspect.
(Shouldn't it be worse if rust is a concern for steel-wound strings?
)
	Richard Moody