Soundboard Crack

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 04 Apr 1997 17:12:35 -0500 (EST)

>I struck a note on this piano and knew right away there was something wrong
>with the  bridge.  On closer examination, I found a 3 foot crack in the
>soundboard running along the top of the bridge.  I can see daylight through
>this baby! How do I fix this and keep the bridge/soundboard relationship
>strong??  Epoxy?  Is it possible?

Laura:

Please explain how the soundboard can run on top of a bridge. The soundboard
is under the bridge. Yes, when you look at the back of the piano, I guess you
could consider the soundboard to be on top of the bridge, but in technical
terms, we always say that the soundboard is under the bridge. (at least
that's the wayIi have allways heard it). Also, is this the bass or the treble
bridge?

Wim