That Grand Damper "Whing"Sound

arnold1@mindspring.com arnold1@mindspring.com
Fri, 04 Apr 1997 21:19:56 -0500 (EST)

On 1997-04-04pianotech said to arnold1@mindspring.com
   >Arnold:
   >When damper felts are first cut, they are rough. In the factory
   >they do not take the time to smooth them out. Therefore, although
   >it does take time, the best way to solve this problem is to remove
   >each damper and sand the sides of the felt. This will eliminate a
   >lot of the noise.
   >Willem Blees RPT
   >St. Louis

Please give me details as to how to do this?  What grit paper would I use,
and in what direction would I sand so as not to "unravel" or tear the felt,
or otherwise make it much worse? Would I sand the whole felt, or just along
the bottom edge?  Thanks in advance.

Arnold Schmidt, Raleigh, NC, arnold1@mindspring.com

`[1;30;41mNet-Tamer V 1.05.1 - Test Drive