a Baldwin damper noise

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Sat, 05 Apr 1997 20:07:39 -0800 (PST)

At 01:00 PM 4/5/97 -0500, you wrote:

><< The damper bushing I was referring to is the brass
> bushing holding the set screw not the flange bushing.
>  >>

>Is this not properly called a "ferrule?"
>
>Bill Maxim, RPT

Dear Bill,

I would be interested in knowing what it really should be called. I called
it a "brass damper bushing" because the APSCO catalog called it that. I've
heard several different names for it. I thought a "ferule" was a metal
fitting encasing a wooden part, not inside it?

I'm sure a number of listfolk know all about this!

Susan Kline
skline@proaxis.com
P.O. Box 1651,
Philomath, OR 97370