that new guy is at it again..!!

Phil Bondi tito@peganet.com
Sun, 06 Apr 1997 10:57:28 -0400 (EDT)

...listers:

...first off..thank you very much for ALL the insight into my last question
involving the steel-wound bass strings..

...now..i have come across an Ivers and Pond..ser.#60940..looks like a 4'11"
to me..they need to unload it...i'm still waiting for my Pierce Piano Atlas,
so letting this customer know when it was made is not possible yet..it needs
bass strings..hammers are ok(should be replaced)..dampers are ok(should be
replaced)..looks like the plate was sprayed with the strings attached..real
cob job, IMHO...BUT..this owner INSISTS that the big selling point with this
piano is that the wood used to make it is NOT available anymore..or..the
wood is in short supply and it is NOT used in the manufacturing of pianos
anymore..it does have a rosewood appearance to it, and again, they insist,
that the wood is RARE..my initial thought here is *so what*...the cabinet
HAS been re-finished and it does look nice..it also has ivory keys with a
1/2 of one missing..too bad,cause they're perfect otherwise..!

....can anyone offer an insight as to the approx.value from my
description..??..my initial guess is 12-15K..how far off am I..??..muchas
gracias yet again.!.