String breakage falo.edu>

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 22:23:36 -0500

	Right now I'm trying to figure out why alot of pianists believe a
>note played at same dynamic can have different tone quality depends on how
>you play it (there might be a reason behind it).  Can this be easily
>explained?
>with regads,
>Kuang Wang

Wang,
	I never really believed it until my son started with a very good Suzuki
teacher. I've learned more about tone from her than any technician, and
she's pretty "action-dumb".(although we're working on that)
	In answer to your question, go find a really good Suzuki teacher. I can
try to explain privately if you want, when I get back to town nxt week.
Guy
Guy Nichols, RPT
nicho@lascruces.com
	"Opera is where a guy gets stabbed in the back, and instead of dying, he
sings."