Notes 85-86-87-88

Jerry Anderson jandy@MicroNet.fr
Sun, 13 Apr 1997 12:05:31 +0200 (MET DST)

Greetings to all,

A number of years ago I witnessed Rick Baldassin, in a convention
class, demonstrate that a plucked string emits a different set of
frequencies according to whether it is plucked in a horizontal
(in the plane of the strings) or vertical (toward the soundboard)
direction.

It  would seem that the vertical plucking would most approximate
the principal mode of a string struck by a hammer.

Any of you out there with electronic devices could quickly verify this.

Jerry

**