Young-Chang

Mon, 14 Apr 1997 15:11:00 -0700

James,

Denny Burger (of what used to be Kimball-Bosendorfer) had a tool made to
address this problem.  It was the end of a normal tool, cut off and then
silver-soldered to a length of "thickish" core wire.  The other end of the
core wire was then set into resin in a wooden handle.  This thing fit into
the smallest spaces between the dowels, and still was strong enough to
provide good torque.

Of course, Yamaha makes a tapered tool, which also works...

Best.

Horace

>List,
>	My main problem with Y-C grands is that the jack slips out from
>under the
>knuckle on harder blows  and the note will not fire and must be
>re-positioned on many of the notes, also true on the Wurlitzer Y-C's.
>There is very little clearance to get the tool thru the dowels in front of
>the regulating screws.
>James Grebe from St. Louis
>pianoman@inlink.com

Horace Greeley			hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu