Optimizing repetition

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 12:23:56 -0500

Hi Jim
	So how does one test the lever centers on a Schwander whippen. OK
the picture in APSCO calls it a Renner whippen. p72.  The one I have
is for a Kawai.  Anyhow the "hanging" spring does not detach so
always has force on the lever.   Perhaps press slowly and feel for
ticks?
	Jack return has been for me, a stickler.  You get a feel (and
hearing) for how they snap back, or don't.  And certain elbows that
are famous for comming unglued or about to.
Richard Moody
	"If you find it, no one will know, if they find it no one will
forget."
> From: Jim <pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU>
> To: Richard Moody <remoody@easnetsd.com>
> Cc: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: Re: Optimizing repetition
> Date: Tuesday, April 15, 1997 2:04 AM

 Sometimes we technicians miss the point of the freedom of the
> repetition lever because it is masked by the strength of the
spring.