Seating/false beats

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 00:02:08 -0500

I can't quote sources right now, but the nature of music wire being
the steel that it is (its carbon content rating) in addition to being
highly polished enables it to render. Graphite (a carbon product) on
the bridge was the only choice for the first 200 years. Petroleum
products (of an oily nature) tend to soften wood, perhaps by breaking
down its cellular structure?
	From first trials, Protek seems to leave a faint to no oily mark,
residue, on paper. If it is better or worse on bridges than graphite
time will tell.
Richard Moody