Havana

Mark Story mstory@ewu.edu
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 13:22:51 -0700

Hi Ben,

I would be interested in your report.  I would like to visit Cuba someday.
I have a couple of friends up here from Cuba.  One problem I have is in
understanding thier Spanish.  I've only been studing  Spanish for a year
and a half or so, and most of my Spanish-speaking friends are from Mexico
or Central America.  Do you have any tips? I have figured out that they
drop off the last syllable of most words and omit many "es"s after the
beginning of the word.  Also, do you have appropriate translations for our
common pianotech terms?  When some ask me what I do for a living, I respond
in general terms, but occasionally they have difficulty in understanding
until I explain it more.

Mark Story, RPT
Eastern Washington University
mstory@ewu.edu