keytop replacment questions ( and ivorine story )

Gregory Torres tunapiana@adisfwb.com
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 01:21:08 -0600

Dave:

Not all the pre-molded keytops are .90"   and ivorine is very hazardous to
work with. There are good keytops available from Yamaha without tops as well
as the ones from American Supply and Schaff.  Vagias Ventures sells a whole
assortment of keytops, in many shades of white, off-white and simulated
ivory.

Regarding ivorine-I once almost set my shop (and house) on fire when I tried
using my table saw to cut off a whole set of really stubborn fronts from
this one particular grand (didn't know they were ivorine) when about halfway
through the cut flames and toxic smoke arose out from under the table saw
and if it wasn't for my quick reaction with a shop rag and fire extinguisher
it would have been really bad.

Ever use a heat gun to remove old ivory? works real good but don't try it on
ivorine.....

Any body else have any "Scary Ivorine" stories?

Greg Torres