Gluing Ivory

Richard Wagner Rjwag@pacifier.com
Tue, 02 Dec 1997 13:19:59 -0800

I've been following the thread about Gum Arabic being used as a binder for
pigments (Well I've sort of been following it so I hope I have it right.)

Anyway, has anyone ever tried mixing titanium dioxide with it and using it
to coat the top of a key before replacing an ivory head?

I've been thinking of heading for an Art supply store but won't if someone
already knows this doesn't work.  Forgive me if this has already been
brought up as I say, I've been "sort of" following.

                                        Richard Wagner RPT

PS.  Thanks for the plug Jon. :-)