keytop replacment questions ( and ivorine story )

Wed, 03 Dec 1997 12:47:10 -0800

Gregory Torres wrote:

> Del:
>
> I must be talking about "pyralin" I guess because years ago it was
> discontinued by Schaff and  American Supply. The reason? It was found to be
> extremely hazardous when ignited (as I found out). Not only dangerous as in
> catching on fire but the smoke is toxic as well.
> Perhaps the term "ivorine" has been incorrectly used by myself and others
> putting celluloid and ivorine in the same category or is there something
> else about this I don't know?
>
> Thanks,
> Greg Torres

Greg,

It might well be the same stuff. I just never had any catch on fire, or even smoke on me. The material we used was purchased
from Tuners Supply and was called Ivorine. Please understand, I've not used keytop material of any kind for probably 15 years
or so.

Is there any sheet material still available for key covering? From anybody?

-- ddf