pinblock drill size

david c. brown dcbrown@MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 06:46:14 -0600

>PI>Philip Jamison
>PI>West Chester, PA
>Philip,
>If you are using the 12-ply block, I have the best luck using .257 bit.
>With a 2/0 pin, this is drilling .025 undersize.  This has given me
>around 125 inch pounds of torque for several years now.
>
>JIm Krentzel

Dear List-

	I wonder if ya'll would be kind enough to comment on torque
measuring techniques and numbers for restringing, specifically in repinning
existing blocks. Have restrung for years in new blocks, but in a
university, we mainly repin. Perhaps we could discuss types of torque
wrenches, their use, and the numbers one could expect in various
situations. Repinning mainly in five ply S&S blocks using Diamond pins.
Also, a thread was recently completed re varnish swabbing, types etc
(spar?). And as if that weren't enough, what about gun brushes? Brass.
stainless, caliber?
	My apologies if this restarts a too recently completed thread. I am
actually most interested in the torque procedures and numbers. Many thanks
in advance for the use of your collective knowledge.

	Warmest regards-

	David

	PS-Feel free to post privately if too long for list.

David C. Brown RPT
School of Music
The University of Texas at Austin
dcbrown@mail.utexas.edu