Perfect Pitch, ET vs. WT, tone color

JIMRPT JIMRPT@aol.com
Sat, 6 Dec 1997 22:00:52 EST

<<Also, does anyone have thoughts on whether or not it is ethical to tune a
piano for someone in WT instead in ET without telling them first?>>

David;
  I suppose that it would be unethical to do this due to the fact that unless
that persons/students piano was tuned in the same manner as the teachers, the
sound would never be the same. (not that it is anyway :-)  In addition the
"standard" practice is ET and that is what I would 'assume' most clients would
want on their piano.  But that brings up Jim C's "pure fifth" tuning and that
is not ET either is it ?
 I don't know; I get confused so easily.....
Jim Bryant (FL)