Morons and best strings

Antares antares@EURONET.NL
Sun, 7 Dec 97 23:07:40 -0000

Barrie ~Heaton writes:

>I think it is for all of us, it seems to me the list get in to more
>stronger debates this time of year, this sadly turns in to flames....
>maybe due to the stress we are under at this time of year.

André answers:

Where there are flames there is light and heat, figure out what's best....heat or light or heat or light..

>Wellll....slurrrp...
Was that the local brew....

Nah...I was (back then) salivating at the thought of fabricating a nica email to you guys..hehe heheh..

>I agree, I often back wedge and sometimes double wedge to get round it.
>the reason I ask, I thought that Yamaha had done some research  it this
>field.

Barrie..me friend, I must apologize...I - simply - do - not - know - more than what da teacher tol' me...

>I was trained to use one wedge only, I spent six weeks with a strip mute
>when I was learning the basics of the scale.  Then we were told not to
>use them again, I never have.    I have seen lots of arguments for not
>using strip mutes, however, until I came on this list, I have never come
>across  an individual in favour of muting all of the piano.  Do you mute
>uprights as well as grands.

I, like you, never used strip mutes.
Now I can not live without them anymore (my wife sometimes gets hysterical ! about them :<))

Uprights aremore difficult, you can only mute ze middle.

>Well Barrie, I once sent you some chocolates, maybe it is time for a
piece of
>cake?
>Yes, and they went down nicely I think I got the best part of the deal
>there.

We'll be thinking about this again then. You know..the Inkelish and them Dutchers were (almost) always allies! neh?)

Friendly greetings from :

CONCERT PIANO SERVICE
André Oorebeek
Amsterdam, the Netherlands