The Revenaugh Lower Lid in New York Times

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 11:26:41 -0800 (PST)

At 05:51 AM 12/8/97 -0800, you wrote:
>     Today's NYT has a front-page story on a new invention: a lower lid
>which collects and reflects outward the tone from the bottom of the
>soundboard - tone which normally just bounces around down there.  The
>only part of the idea I don't like is that with the lower lid in place
>there is no room for me.  I love to sit under pianos when they're being
>played.  You have to pretend you are checking the substructure or the
>customer will think you're nuts.
>Benjamin Treuhaft
>Berkeley, Calif.

Ben --

Now you can just tell them you're checking the adjustment of the lower lid,
and spend even more time down there, moving it up and down, taking it off
and putting it back on ..

Yours,

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"With a little more courage, I could get myself into a lot more trouble."
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant