American Supply hammers (complaint-question-long and sort of off-topic :-{

THEOFONE THEOFONE@aol.com
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 00:24:37 EST

to Greg Torres
                    I have also had trouble in general when it comes to
ordering hammers.
Particularly when it comes to blow distance. I have sent samples for bore
angle and specific bore distance. What I have received is new hammers with
accurate bore angles and the same overstrike I was trying to eliminate.They
did NOT drill to my bore distance. They just took the bore distance from the
samples of worn out hammers. So I , like others, have gone to drilling my own
hammers. I guess its tough to good help nowadays, even when you tell them what
to do! I have tried two different suppliers and BOTH gave me the same results.
Hope yours are better!
                                                                     Theodore
Mamel RPT
                                                                      Pittsbur