Shop Setup report

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 07:51:33 -0800

Well Folks,

With Dick and I both doing all we can in our spare time (what there is
at this time of the year), we've got the walls and rafters up and
paneling over the back wall so we can install the floor to ceiling
storage shelves we need to get all the junk out of the middle of the
shop.  I put in the electrical outlets yesterday and will be running the
lines to the circuit breaker box today.  Incidentally, if any of you
have any neat ideas about where to put outlets, I really would like to
hear about them!

Since our shop is in a large area with 15 foot ceilings and is only 9
feet to the tops of the rafters, we are going to put a large storage
area on top with a ladder on the outside for access so we don't have to
allow for attic stairs inside the shop!

We will have a 22 foot long work bench along the left wall which will be
divided into 3 segments, 2 at 35" for standing and the other at 30" for
sitting.  One of the 35's will have wheels on the back and handles on
the front so it can be pulled into the center of the shop if needed.

For the rest of the walls, I found a salvage place selling 7/16" 4X8
Chipboard for $5 a sheet and got enough to finish the job. That's all I
have time for today.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Warren
--