American Supply -Thanks to All on list

Gregory Torres tunapiana@adisfwb.com
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 11:05:23 -0600

Dear List:

Just a thank you to everyone who responded to my post about American Supply
hammer problems. I certainly will try the suppliers mentioned on my next
job.

I am sending the whole set back as further inspection revealed that not only
the side angle was incorrect in the extreme treble but the rake angle was 4
degrees on the entire set when I asked for 1 degree. I am tired of putting
up with poor quality materials and workmanship.

BTW, when I spoke to the owner who will remain nameless   8-)  he informed
me that the people running the hammer boring machines are not technicians,
they just follow instructions. OK. Why can't they follow instructions?

I realize that you shouldn't  have to be a piano technician to do that
particular operation but it seems to me that there should be a way to check
& re-check before boring a whole set incorrectly.   AARRGGHHH!!

Thanks for putting up with my gripes! And thanks again to all who replied!

Sincerely,
Greg Torres