Korean Piano Prepping, was Samick hammer knuckles HARD!!

Brad Smith bsmith006@sprintmail.com
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 06:46:45 -0500

Roger, Thanks for starting a thread I was thinking of starting! Namely
Korean piano prepping.  A dealer I work with does not see the value of doing
this 'extra' work. It
would be great to have some input from you all about it. Specifically, what
steps would
you include on the typical Korean grand out of the crate?  What if you could
only get the dealer to spring for an extra hour of time? What would your
highest priorities be?

I have found jack pins too tight, dampers 'leaking', ear piercing tone,
sluggish keys,
squeaking pedals, misaligned, leg bolts interferring with key frame, too
tight tuning pins, and actions that sound like .....(what's that old movie
where the guy keeps talking
about a new machine that goes..."..pocketa, pocketa, pocketa, pocketa...")

So, a quick list, if you had an hour, or if you had three hours, or if you
had a day. Or,
if you had no choice, but still need to keep the relationship with the
dealer.

Thanks everyone!  Merry Christmas, OOPS I mean Happy winter seasonal
greetings,
BTW, our second 'Reproductive Health Care Choice' is due in mid January!
Can't wait!

Brad Smith, RPT