Everett vertical pinblock separation

JIMRPT JIMRPT@aol.com
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 10:34:23 EST

<< What has been your experience i.e. prognosis?>>

Bill;
 My prognosis is that your doppleganger is going to fall off !  :-)
Shame on you for not soaking, er charging your customer to fix this 'problem'.
 On the Everett with the bolts you probably are OK .....but....The strings do
not have the same downbearing now as they used to and the full rich tones
developed by the string/bridge/board interface are not developing as richly
and roundly as they should, thereby delivering the rich sonorous tones of an
Everett console..  (Or there could be a vast improvement over what it sounded
like before the split :-)
 It probably won't get any better or worse until one of the bolts breaks (if
ever) or the nuts sink deeper into the back board. I think that you ought to
put this on the list of things to do in the future.  Easy fix....run glue into
crack and tighten bolts, use clamps to help the bolts until glue has set, etc.
Jim Bryant (FL)