Everett vertical pinblock separation further

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sat, 13 Dec 1997 18:16:34

At 04:56 PM 12/13/97 -0600, you wrote:
>What happens if you put in the epoxy and clamp the thing back together and
>it doesn't budge.  You have just locked this separation there forever.
>James Grebe
>R.P.T. from St. Louis
>pianoman@inlink.com
>"I am only as good as my last tuning"
Hi James,
          I was assuming dry clamping would be tried first prior to gluing.
But have you not supplied your own answer. EPOXY WILL LOCK THE SEPERATION
FOR EVER. I'd have to think on that one.>But stability is what you are after.
Regards Roger
>----------
>> From: BSimon1234 <BSimon1234@aol.com>
>> To: pianotech@ptg.org
>> Subject: Re:  Re: Everett vertical pinblock separation
>> Date: Saturday, December 13, 1997 9:13 AM
>>

>> Roger Jolly wrote:
>>
>> << I would recommend that you drop the tension and see if the bolts will
>pull
>> the back assy. in place. If so, loosen the bolts, use 24Hr Epoxy and heat
>> with hair drier, you will find the epoxy will run like water, >>
>>
>> It is obvious the epoxy is a far better glue to use on the pinblock
>separation
>> than the tightbond that I suggested.  Don't know what I was thinking
>about.
>>
>> Bill Simon
>> Phoenix

Roger Jolly